GE / IP FANUC Series 90/30 In Stock
The 25-pin Female D-type 10-slot I/O Bus Expansion Baseplate, IC693CHS392, has several uses. It is basically used as a PLC local chassis but can also be used to extend I/O to other locations close by (called local I/O expansion) that are not more than 50 feet (15 meters) apart. Local I/O expansion allows users to increase a PLC’s I/O and enhances control under the monitoring of a single processor. There is no CPU on the baseplate. Local I/O expansion is a good option for smaller PLC systems with I/O situated close to the local chassis.
The IC693CHS392 expansion baseplate has a 25-pin female D-type I/O Bus Expansion connector that is mounted at its right end. This connector is used for making connections to other baseplates. It has 10 slots labeled serially from 1 to 10. The baseplate cannot stand alone. It must be mounted in a CPU baseplate of a system having a CPU, either in a PLC or in a Personal Computer that has a Personal Computer Interface (PCI) Card. The first expansion baseplate is connected to the CPU’s baseplate via a short parallel cable which provides seamless parallel data transfer between the CPU baseplate and the locally expanded I/O baseplates. The type of the CPU determines the maximum number of Expansion baseplates that can be installed in a system. CPUs 331, 340, and 341 allows a maximum of 4 while CPUs 350 and higher can allow up to 7 baseplates. Power must be supplied to the expansion baseplate and must be calculated based on the baseplate’s modules as well as and the local load that will be placed on each baseplate’s power supply.
IC693CH392 has a Rack Number Selection DIP switch, must be connected to a common ground and does not support these intelligent option modules: PCM, ADC, BEM330 and CMM311. These modules must be mounted in a CPU baseplate while all other I/O and option modules can be mounted in any type of rack.
|Module Type:||Expansion I/O Base|
|Distance:||Up to 50 feet|
|Number of Slots:||10|
|Dimensions:||17.44 x 5.12 x 5.59 in. (W x H x D)|
|Internal Power Used:||150 mA @ 5 VDC|
• There can be no more than a total of 50 feet (15 meters) of cable interconnecting Expansion baseplates and the CPU baseplate.
• An Expansion baseplate cannot stand alone. It must be connected to a system that has a CPU. The CPU can be in a PLC or in a Personal Computer that is equipped with a Personal Computer Interface Card (see Chapter 11).
• Maximum number of Expansion baseplates allowed per system depends on the type of CPU they are used with. For CPUs 331, 340, and 341, the maximum is 4. For CPUs numbered 350 and higher, the maximum is 7.
• Each Expansion baseplate has a 25-pin female D-type I/O Bus Expansion connector mounted at its right end for connection to other baseplates.
• Available in two versions; 5-slot (IC693CHS398) and 10-slot (IC693CHS392)
• An Expansion backplane does not support the following intelligent option modules: PCM, ADC, BEM330, and CMM. These modules must be mounted in a CPU baseplate. All other I/O and option modules can be mounted in any type of rack.
• All Expansion baseplates must be connected to a common ground (see the “Installation” chapter for details).
• Expansion baseplates are the same physical size, use the same type power supplies, and support the same I/O and option modules as the Remote baseplates.
• Each Expansion baseplate has a Rack Number Selection DIP switch.
Repair your IC693CHS392
PDF Supply can repair your IC693CHS392 in 3-5 business days. And PDF Supply stands by all of its repairs with a 1 year customer satisfaction warranty.
For more information on the IC693CHS392 10-Slot Expansion Baseplate of the GE 90-30 Series, please see the Datasheet Manual.
PDF Electric & Supply Inc. sells new, new surplus and refurbished products which are sourced through independent channels. All warranties and support, if applicable, are with PDF Electric & Supply Inc. and not the manufacturer. PDF Electric & Supply Inc. is not an authorized distributor or representative for the listed manufacturers and makes no representations as to any quality control performed by any listed manufacturer on the products. The products listed on this website may vary as to their country of origin; the accessories, and other items included with the product; and the language used on the packaging, the parts, and any related instructions or printed material related to the products. This website is not sanctioned or approved by any manufacturer or tradename listed. Designated trademarks, brand names and brands appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.