GE / IP FANUC Series 90/30 In Stock
|Product Type||10-Slot Baseplate|
|Cable Type||Custom Wye Cables|
|Maximum Cable Length||213 Meters|
|Nominal Voltage||5 Volts DC|
The GE Fanuc IC693CHS393 is a 10-slot remote baseplate. This component designed for the GE Series 90-30 PLC system. When operating any applications, users should be aware of a few things regarding this unit. Firstly, in any system that uses remote baseplates, the total amount of cable connecting all the baseplates must be less than 700 feet. Also, a remote baseplate cannot be a stand-alone unit. Instead, it must be connected to a system that has a CPU. This CPU may be in a programmable logic controller (PLC) or else in a PC. However, the PC must be equipped with a Personal Computer Interface Card.
The remote baseplate has built-in isolation. This is between the +5 volt logic supply used by the I/O modules that reside in the Remote baseplate and the supply for the interface circuit, which is associated with the I/O Bus Expansion Interface. Unbalanced ground conditions can lead to problems, so it is important to have isolation to counter these issues. The type of CPU in a system will determine the number of remote baseplates that can be used. The maximum is 4 for CPUs 331, 340, and 341. For all CPUs numbered 350 and higher, the maximum number that can be used is 7.
There are a few intelligent option modules that are not supported by a remote backplane - PCM, CMM, ADC and BEM330. To use these modules, the user must mount them in a CPU baseplate. All other I/O modules and option modules can be mounted in any type of baseplate. Similar to the Expansion baseplates, remote baseplates use the same type of power supplies and support the same I/O modules and option modules. They are also the same physical size. At the right end of every remote baseplate there is a 25-pin female D-type Expansion connector. This is for connection to other baseplates. Each Remote baseplate also has a Rack Number Selection DIP switch.
|Module Type:||Expansion I/O Base|
|Distance:||Up to 700 feet|
|Number of Slots:||10|
|Dimensions:||17.44 x 5.12 x 5.59 in. (W x H x D)|
|Internal Power Used:||460 mA @ 5 VDC|
The IC693CHS393 baseplate is a 10-slot remote baseplate that has been designed to be used with the Series 90-30 PLCs by GE Fanuc Automation. This baseplate is ideal for use in applications with devices that are far apart. This expansion baseplate can be used with maximum cable distances from the CPU of up to 213 meters. The baseplate is a remote baseplate type and it comes with 10 slots to be used with different modules and devices. Cables that attach the GE Fanuc Automation IC693CHS393 10-slot remote baseplate with the rest of the equipment in the application need to be 100% shielded so that data is not lost or affected by other signals along the way. If the existing cables are not shielded, there is a way to shield them so that they can work in this connection.
It is necessary to perform modifications to the GE Fanuc Automation IC693CHS393 10-slot remote baseplate pins so that the mating cables plug correctly onto the baseplate for their applications. This modification needs to be done to factory-made Wye cables, specifically to the male ends of the cables that need to be plugged into the baseplate. The GE Fanuc Automation IC693CHS393 10-slot remote baseplate cables are made with plastic shell covers and they need to be wired as the manual specifies. It is recommended to have a licensed technician perform this kind of installation because it is somewhat complex. This baseplate works at 5 Volts DC nominal voltage and it requires 460 milliamps of backplane current. It is composed of a circuit board that is mounted to its metal surface and a plastic cover. It comes with plug-in modules and 4 holes for mounting.
• There can be no more than 700 feet of cable connecting all baseplates in a system that uses Remote baseplates.
• A Remote baseplate cannot stand alone. It must be connected to a system that has a CPU. The CPU can be in a PLC or in a Personal Computer that is equipped with a Personal Computer Interface Card (see Chapter 11).
• Remote capability is facilitated by the Remote baseplate’s built-in isolation between the +5 volt logic supply used by the I/O modules residing in the Remote baseplate and the supply for the interface circuit associated with the I/O Bus Expansion Interface. Isolation helps prevent problems associated with unbalanced ground conditions.
• Maximum number of Remote baseplates allowed per system depends on the type of CPU they are used with. For CPUs 331, 340, and 341, the maximum is 4. For CPUs numbered 350 and higher, the maximum is 7.
• Each remote baseplate has a 25-pin female D-type Expansion connector mounted at its right end for connection to other baseplates.
• Remote baseplates are available in two sizes; 5-slot (IC693CHS399) and 10-slot (IC693CHS393)
• A Remote backplane does not support the following intelligent option modules:
PCM, ADC, BEM330, and CMM. These modules must be mounted in a CPU baseplate. All other I/O and option modules can be mounted in any type of baseplate.
• Remote baseplates are the same physical size, use the same type power supplies, and support the same I/O and option modules as the Expansion baseplates.
• Each Remote baseplate has a Rack Number Selection DIP switch.
Repair your IC693CHS393
PDF Supply can repair your IC693CHS393 in 3-5 business days. And PDF Supply stands by all of its repairs with a 1 year customer satisfaction warranty.
For more information on the IC693CHS393 10-Slot Expansion Baseplate of the GE 90-30 Series, please see the Datasheet Manual.
PDF Electric & Supply Inc. sells new, new surplus and refurbished products which are sourced through independent channels. All warranties and support, if applicable, are with PDF Electric & Supply Inc. and not the manufacturer. PDF Electric & Supply Inc. is not an authorized distributor or representative for the listed manufacturers and makes no representations as to any quality control performed by any listed manufacturer on the products. The products listed on this website may vary as to their country of origin; the accessories, and other items included with the product; and the language used on the packaging, the parts, and any related instructions or printed material related to the products. This website is not sanctioned or approved by any manufacturer or tradename listed. Designated trademarks, brand names and brands appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.