GE / IP FANUC Series 90/30 In Stock
PDF Supply Company, LLC is not an authorized distributor for GE Fanuc Emerson
The GE Fanuc IC693CHS398 is a 5-slot expansion baseplate. This unit is designed for use with the GE Series 90-30 module. Like the 10-slot version, (IC693CHS392), there are a few features and guidelines to consider when using this baseplate. First of all, a remote baseplate cannot be a stand-alone unit. Instead, it must be connected to a system that has a CPU. This CPU can be part of a programmable logic controller (PLC) or it can be in a Personal Computer. However, the PC must have a Personal Computer Interface Card. Secondly, there can be no more than a total of 50 feet of interconnecting cables between the CPU baseplate and expansion baseplates.
The type of CPU in the system will determine the number of remote baseplates that can be used. For CPUs 331, 340, and 341, the most that can be used is 4 remote baseplates. For all CPUs numbered 350 and higher, the maximum number of baseplates is 7. The remote backplane of this system cannot support the following option modules - PCM, CMM, ADC and BEM330. To use these modules, they must be mounted in a CPU baseplate. All other option modules and I/O modules can be mounted in any type of baseplate.
Remote baseplates are the same size as Expansion baseplates. They also use the same type of power supplies and support the same I/O modules and option modules. On every remote baseplate at the right-hand end there is a 25-pin female D-type Expansion connector, which enables connection to other baseplates. Each 5-slot remote baseplate has a Rack Number Selection DIP switch. During installation, it is essential that all expansion modules are connected to a common ground.
|Module Type:||Expansion I/O Base|
|Distance:||Up to 50 feet|
|Number of Slots:||5|
|Dimensions:||10.43 x 5.12 x 5.59 in. (W x H x D)|
|Internal Power Used:||170 mA @ 5 VDC|
• There can be no more than a total of 50 feet (15 meters) of cable interconnecting Expansion baseplates and the CPU baseplate.
• An Expansion baseplate cannot stand alone. It must be connected to a system that has a CPU. The CPU can be in a PLC or in a Personal Computer that is equipped with a Personal Computer Interface Card (see Chapter 11).
• Maximum number of Expansion baseplates allowed per system depends on the type of CPU they are used with. For CPUs 331, 340, and 341, the maximum is 4. For CPUs numbered 350 and higher, the maximum is 7.
• Each Expansion baseplate has a 25-pin female D-type I/O Bus Expansion connector mounted at its right end for connection to other baseplates.
• Available in two versions; 5-slot (IC693CHS398) and 10-slot (IC693CHS392)
• An Expansion backplane does not support the following intelligent option modules: PCM, ADC, BEM330, and CMM. These modules must be mounted in a CPU baseplate. All other I/O and option modules can be mounted in any type of rack.
• All Expansion baseplates must be connected to a common ground (see the “Installation” chapter for details).
• Expansion baseplates are the same physical size, use the same type power supplies, and support the same I/O and option modules as the Remote baseplates.
• Each Expansion baseplate has a Rack Number Selection DIP switch.
Repair your IC693CHS398
PDF Supply can repair your IC693CHS398 in 3-5 business days. And PDF Supply stands by all of its repairs with a 1 year customer satisfaction warranty.
For more information on the IC693CHS398 5-Slot Expansion Baseplate of the GE 90-30 Series, please see the Datasheet Manual.
PDF Supply Company, LLC. sells surplus and refurbished products, which are sourced through independent channels. All warranties and support, if applicable, are with PDF Supply Company, LLC. and not the manufacturer; manufacturer warranties do not apply. PDF Supply Company, LLC. is not an authorized distributor or representative for the listed manufacturers and makes no representations as to any quality control performed by any listed manufacturers on the products. The products listed on this website may vary as to their country of origin; the accessories, and other items included with the product; and the language used on the packaging, the parts, and any related instructions or printed material related to the products. PDF Supply Company, LLC. does not sell or license software that may be needed to operate certain hardware and customers must obtain any necessary software licensing, maintenance, or upgrades from the manufacturer or other authorized source. This website is not sanctioned or approved by any manufacturer or other authorized source. This website is not sanctioned or approved by any manufacturer or tradename listed. Designated trademarks, brand names and brands appearing herein are the property of their respective owners.